Wednesday 2 December 2009

Task 4 - "A Day on Mind Channel" by Ani

A Day on Mind Channel


Now this is just awful! How am I supposed to do… the cleaning, for instance, all around the house when there are two whole rooms missing sets?! I can miss a bargain as big as a whole supermarket! Not that I don’t appreciate his efforts, of course I do, but hey, this is life today. It’s just like that… can’t miss anything. I must talk to Robert, but really gently, don’t want to upset him now, do I? Hah. We’ll work it out, we always do, somehow… Like with the coffee machine… oh-oh-oh, must make a cup now or I’ll have to drink three in the afternoon! And Sharon experienced what happens if you don’t consume the right amount of coffee – they take the machine away! Oh no oh no. This is The Greatest One. Can’t let that happen. Hah, I’m so absent-minded today, lucky I remembered. But I’ve got to talk to him. At least we’ve got the handset here. Now I can relax a bit till I wait for my coffee. Don’t have to run around the house so I don’t miss the program. But still… oh anyway, we’ll talk.

Mmm. Tastes great. Oh I’ve got to call Molly, we’ll miss the 11.30 make-up discounts, God what a disgrace that would be. Only once a week. And I’ll have like an hour or so before that just to myself, just me and the Bargains!!!! God knows what’ll be on today, can’t wait can’t wait. Where’s that phone?

Hello Molly dear!

-Hi Judy! You’ll be ready for 11.15? I’ll come pick you up with our new caaaar!

New car?! Oh my, how time flies… haha! So, yes, of course dear, I’ll be out front. So, see you in a while then!

- See you!

Now let’s see, program two, just in time. Oh I just love this announcer, I can almost guess by that face of his what the next number will be. Hah. Reminds me of someone, though… Hmmm. Ok now, 391-HW8-612….4! NOO! Shit. I think it’s one of Robert’s friends… or patients? But why would a patient be seeing him when he’s off duty? Oh I know who he is! I saw him once. That morning when I was with Robert in the car to the hospital, we were supposed to go pick the new microwave. That freak, Hathaway. That’s who he reminds me of. Never mind, concentrate now… 503? Nononono. Not my day today… That guy, he’s totally crazy. Can you imagine, people being manipulated? Hah! Now that’s outrageous. Who would do that? And how, as a matter of fact? Robert said he blamed those signs they’ve been putting up lately. Now this is totally … stupid. It’s just that he can’t afford it, that’s all. Jealous of the good hard-working people who can. So let’s go now and try to spoil it all for them. And poor Robert, that weirdo’s got on to him. Playing with his mind when he’s got so much to think of… we’ve got the mortgage, and all the debts, and his job, now that he’s working even on Saturdays… 876-1LS-K780… Ohmygod! I WON! HA! Happy new TV, ho-ho-ho! …… Aaand what do I tell Robert now? Hope he doesn’t mind. But he’s a reasonable man, sure he’ll understand we can’t live here like some cave people, we have to have everything we need, this is our age now, this is the way we live… I know it’s hard sometimes, but reality is reality. And I already won it so we’ll just have to pay for it. Can’t imagine how much it would cost without the discount… Lucky I guessed the numbers then! Good girl, hihihi. Now I’ll just have to phone in to tell them the address. And get ready cause Molly’ll be here in 10 minutes. And let some fresh air in. Oh my, they’ve put up a new sign? It’s huge now isn’t it. Wonder what it will advertize, still blank. Ok, should get dressed now, and I must not forget to grab a new coat of some kind while we’re at it with Molly. Don’t know how I thought of that but it’s a good thing I did, the old one’s already… old.

*****

Home sweet home. That hypermarket’s the greatest. Managed to buy so many red-point items, they’ve probably won me like a thousand points up till now, and soon we’ll be able to buy some new things with monstrous discounts. And those absolutely gorgeous coats, I simply had to have them both, the second one being more or less free. Yes, Molly’s right, I’m really putting so much effort in trying my best to economize and I’m always running the whole town through just to find the biggest bargain, and now I’m all hysterical about how Robert was going to react, blah-blah. He’s a brilliant man, my darling, but sometimes he’s just too old fashioned. He has to get used to the fact that it’s no longer the hippy age, it’s not cool to live in a dump and not have the basic things you need to live a comfy life. And I’ve the feeling it’s all that loony’s fault. Come to think of it, it is strange that those signs are blank, and that people seem just a bit more … eager. But what do the signs have to do with it? It truly is crazy. Subliminal control. Hah. Molly almost choked with laughter. So don’t be absurd, Judith, get a grip, this is all the conspiracy phobia of a madman’s sick mind. They can’t make us spend so much……. Is it really much that we spend? What’s gotten into me?! I’ve got to talk to Robert, that guy’s starting to blur my own mind too, let alone his, the way that weirdo’s been lurking around the hospital to talk crazy things to my naïve darling. He is the actual subliminal monster! He’s trying to make people do strange things against their will and making them act unnaturally. Cause it’s a natural turn of events, our reality, isn’t it? That’s just the way it is. This is our world. Now let’s see what’s the newest bargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment